After successfully completing this Access to Higher Education Diploma, you’ll have a good understanding of psychology and sociology and the skills needed to study a psychology related undergraduate course. Once you have chosen and completed your degree programme, you will be ready to begin your chosen career. Many graduates go on to work in the NHS or private practice.
Access to HE
The course consists of 20 Units of Study.
• UNIT 1 (induction unit) PREPARING FOR SUCCESS
• UNIT 2 PREPARING TO STUDY
• UNIT 3 ACADEMIC WRITING SKILLS
• UNIT 4 PREPARING A WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT
• UNIT 5 INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY
• UNIT 6 UNDERSTANDING CRIME & DEVIANCE
• UNIT 7 THE DEVELOPING CHILD
• UNIT 8 SOCIOLOGY OF THE FAMILY
• UNIT 9 DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY
• UNIT 10 INTRODUCTION TO COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY
• UNIT 11 THE BRAIN & NERVOUS SYSTEM (PSYCHOLOGY)
• UNIT 12 ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY
• UNIT 13 PSYCHOLOGICAL METHODOLOGY
• UNIT 14 THE PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING
• UNIT 15 SOCIOLOGY OF EDUCATION
• UNIT 16 SOCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
• UNIT 17 STUDY SKILLS PORTFOLIO BUILDING
• UNIT 18 FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY
• UNIT 19 THEORIES OF CHILD DEVELOPMENT
• UNIT 20 PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF STRESS
The Access to Higher Education (HE) Diploma is a qualification, equivalent to A Level.
Access to Higher Education Diplomas have a reputation of successfully helping students to gain admission to university.