Please note: learners are limited to taking part in a maximum of six community learning courses throughout the academic year.
Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress. Are you feeling anxious or have low mood, or feel stressed, over-tired or would like to restore balance in everyday life?
At the end of this course you will have a foundation in the skills of mindfulness, compassion, and meditation, and know how to apply them in your life in a way that really makes a difference.
You will learn:
• How breath and body awareness can transform stress;
• Supportive mindful movement practices
• The art of taking joy in simple pleasures
• How to overcome your ‘negativity bias’
• Mindfulness and self-compassion skills in your daily life
The course will include:
• A balance of teaching, questions and discussion, and guided meditation
• Daily home guided meditation practice of 20 mins a day
• Teaching and practices to help you develop mindfulness, calm, and resilience
• A Breathworks accredited mindfulness teacher to answer your questions and address difficulties every week with personalised advice.
There is no qualification for this course but you will receive a certificate of attendance if you complete the course.
You can explore a variety of other courses within Community Learning or the adult college.
Participants on this course will need to buy a book to accompany the course. The book is The Little Mindfulness Workbook by Gary Hennessey, which is available from all major bookshops. The cost will be approximately £8.
Please contact the Community Learning team on 030 300 38212 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this course.